Adding Email Address to a Patient Profile
In order to properly sync telemedicine appointments from the Kareo EHR, it is essential that each patient has a valid email address entered.
There are two places where the patient email address can be updated.
1) In the patient profile itself
- Navigate to the Patients section of the Platform dropdown menu
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Demographics on the left menu. The patient's Demographics page opens to the Profile tab
- Click Edit to edit the patient profile, and enter the correct email address in the "Personal Email" field
- After clicking Save, the profile will be updated
2) Editing an existing telemedicine appointment
- Navigate to the Calendar section of the Platform dropdown menu
- Find the upcoming telemedicine appointment for the patient
- On the Edit Appointment screen, click the small Edit button next to the patient's name and contact information
- You will see the Email field under the Additional Contact Information
- Enter the correct email address for the patient and click Save Patient
- Click Save Appointment and the patient profile will be updated