Handling Patient Appointment Requests
Configuring online appointment requests for telemedicine visits is an easy way to add convenience for patients. By showing your telemedicine availability online, patients can easily pick times that work for their schedules without consuming front desk and scheduling resources.
To configure online visit requests you must first configure telemedicine time slots.
To configure follow these steps:
- Click "calendar settings" from the calendar view
- Then click "office hours" from the left menu
- Click "edit" next to the person's name you want to configure a telemedicine time block for
- Add time slots for each day and time you'd like to designate telemedicine blocks. Be sure to select "telemedicine" as the location from the drop down
- Finally, click "save and finish"
- Hover over the orange Kareo icon in the top left corner while logged into the Kareo platform
- Click "provider profiles"
- Click "manage" next to your profile
- Slide down to "visits & scheduling" and click "edit" next to the telemedicine location. The blue edit button will pop up to the right of the list when you hover over this section.
Check the boxes for these options for the telemedicine location:
- Primary location
- Display on Profile page
- Click "save changes"
Next you must adjust your provider profile.
That's it! Your telemedicine availability will now be published on your provider profile. When a patient requests a telemedicine appointment you'll receive a notification in Kareo where you can review and accept the appointments.